We are very excited to have you all back in the gym starting Monday 6/29. It’s been a long 100+ days, but we have spent much of it preparing the space to be organized, clean, and safe for your return. Please watch the video and read the following to get up to speed on our new COVID protocols…..
In conjunction with the City of Chicago department of health and Business Affairs division, we have established the following rules for the gym during this time. You must comply with all of these in order to get in.
- You must have signed the CoVid-19 Waiver.
- You must sign up for a class beforehand. This can be done on Push Press with the class sign up available 24 hours beforehand.
- If you need to cancel for class. No problem. We ask that you do this up to 6 hours beforehand. If you can’t, your first one is free. The second time there will be a $25 cancellation fee charged to your account. If you cancel because you don’t feel well, we ask that you socially isolate from the gym for a 2 week period.
- You must arrive no earlier than 10 mins prior to the start of your class, socially distance outside CE and dressed for class in workout gear. If you’ve driven, stay in your car. Your spot in the class is guaranteed. This is United Airlines, not Southwest. There will not be a cattle call for the best spot.
- When the door opens, you MUST WEAR A MASK. If you don’t have one, we can provide one for you at a marginal cost. Your mask must stay on for the duration of the class whether working out of not. Yes. This sucks. However, this is an ordinance of the City of Chicago Department of Public Health and is non-negotiable!
- Your coach will do a thermal temperature check and direct you to your grid. You will then step inside and walk to your space.
- After your personal items in your space, you will go to the bathroom and wash your hands and immediately return to your grid to wait for the class to begin.
- Your coach will explain the WOD and tell you what items you’ll need for the class.
- Post MetCon, you may air high five your fellow athletes but you will wipe down your equipment with the wipes provided by the coach.
- Your coach will then dismiss you to wash your hands, collect your personal belongings, and go out the back door, exiting into the alley.
- The coach will then spend the remaining time spraying down the equipment with a germicidal, fungicidal, virucidal agent that clearly, kills everything.
- The process will begin again at the next WOD.
Other Things to Note:
- Chalk will no longer be in communal buckets. Blocks of chalk will be available to purchase for individuals. We recommend a gallon ziplock bag or small tupperware to keep this in.
- As much as we love them – Children and pets are currently not allowed in the gym.
- If you do not register for a class you will be turned away.
- Please bring your own water bottle. While we will continue to sell them – the KBK fridge will only be accessible to staff. All other food, beverage, and merchandise will currently not be sold.
- We know you’re as excited as we are to see everyone again – but athletes must remain in their designated stations. Feel free to wave from 6 feet away!